COACHES: CHECK YOUR NCCP CREDENTIALS!
1. Check with your Club head coach, he/she has been sent an updated NCCP credentials database for OAWA registered coaches.
2. If there is a discrepancy between what the OAWA database has you listed as and what you feel you have, please contact OAWA (see below for what information to send us)
3. If you are not currently coaching with a club, go to the Coaching Association of Canada web site (www.coach.ca).
4. On the site, choose the ‘My Locker/Profile’ menu link.
5. From this link, you can enter your CC# (if you know it) or follow the instructions to get to your coach transcript. If upon checking your transcript, there is a concern (eg. you don’t have a CC# on record, or you feel you have taken a course for which you have not received credit, contact the OAWA (email@example.com).
When contacting OAWA, please provide as much information as possible – when and where you took a course you feel you have not received credit for, what the course was, who the instructor was, etc. 2014 National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) in a nutshell: http://www.oawa.ca/sites/default/files/NCCP%20in%20a%20nutshell%20-%202015.doc
The NCCP in a Nutshelll includes: - NCCP FAQs - Wrestling Learning Facilitator/Evaluator Contact Information
Canadian Sport for Life - Long Term Athlete Development LTAD focuses on the general framework of athlete development with special reference to growth, maturation and development, trainability, and sport system alignment and integration. Detailed information can be found on the Canadian Sport for Life Website. CS4L Website
The Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association Presents... Wrestling Coaches: Check out this site for great material aimed at those interested in coaching wrestling, as well as new coaches just starting out. This site contains a wide range of resources for coaches of wrestling. Any coach involved in a school or club based program will find the information on this site valuable. Resources are packaged in ways that best get the information to the coach. Video, flash media, PDFs and audio are all used to get key coaching points across to you the coach. www.ucancoachwrestling.com