OAWA Implements Policy Manual Updates
Dear OAWA Member:
I am pleased to provide you with information about changes to OAWA Management Policies.
OAWA is always working hard to provide better service to you our members, which includes better communicating how we do things.
At the February 10, 2017 meeting of the OAWA Board of Directors, the Board spent time reviewing current OAWA Policy Documents needing updating, as well as new policies to approve.
An overview of the changes is as follows (not including miscellaneous spelling corrections, etc.):
1. OAWA CONSTITUTION – minor corrections made to update the OAWA office address and the new name for Wrestling Canada Lutte (formerly CAWA).
2. OAWA CODE OF CONDUCT – a section was added to include the Board of Directors.
3. OAWA ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY MANUAL – changes included incorporating the new OAWA Mission Statement, the addition of the OAWA Management Committee and Carding Selection Committee in Governance, new Financial Reporting Procedures, Changes to OAWA Membership Policy, Updated age group information for Provincial Championships, Participation in National Championships and International events.
4. OAWA CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY – a new policy.
5. OAWA HARASSMENT POLICY – updated to clarify that appeals under this policy are handled as are appeals under the Code of Conduct.
6. OAWA SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY – a new policy.
7. OAWA PARENT’S CODE OF CONDUCT – a new policy.
9. OAWA COACHING SELECTION POLICY – a new policy.
These and other OAWA policies are available on the OAWA web site in the ‘About us’ section. http://www.oawa.ca/aboutus
Thank you .
William L. Hogarth