WCL SAFE SPORT REQUIREMENTS
All those considering participating in the 2022 Wrestling Canada events should be aware of the following information:
Please refer to the WCL Safe Sport Requirements available at:
Things to keep in mind:
1. If the individual has completed the Respect in Sport Training, they do not need to complete the Safe Sport Training.
2. The Safe Sport Training is available through the Coaches Association of Canada (CAC) at: https://safesport.coach.
3. There is no cost for the CAC Safe Sport Training, but all those taking it have to register with the CAC in 'The Locker'.
4. Coaches and Officials still need to complete the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Evaluation.
5. Coaches still need to satisfy the NCCP Coaching Requirements for the event in question (Comp/Int Certified for the U-17/U-19 Canadian Championships March 25-27, 2022 in Calgary, Comp/Dev Certified for the Canadian Trials March 10-13, 2022 in Edmonton).
6. Coaches and Officials still must comply with other Screening Requirements as listed in the policy - Vulnerable Sector Checks and Police Background check requirements.
This is a summary only. Refer to the full WCL Requirements to be sure.
Contact Wrestling Canada at email@example.com if you have any questions.